L3A Composite in QGIS

Hi,

I opened in QGIS one image from L3A and I want to know if it is correct some areas with blue color as you can see in attached image:

It is important to know because Vegetation Index (like LAI or NDVI) are generated after this product. Also, I can attached a example of Mono-date LAI that system obtained:

I am waiting your answer.

Many thanks and regards,
Manuel.

Hi Manuel,

L3A is not the pre-requisite of the L3B. L3B product (LAI and NDVI) are generated by directly using L2A surface reflectance product.

RE the L3A, the blue shape that you noticed might appear when no S2 acquisition can offer cloud free pixel (too cloudy 50 days period), the system used instead the available L8 acquisitions which strangely result in a kind of artefact in you case.

I also notice that you are probably not setting correctly your band combination in the QGIS style properties. You are probably inverting the bands red and blue.

Nicolas

Oh, it is true…
I have if I change red and blue bands:

Thanks a lot!

Hi Mcanizar,

Can you please tell me what did you do to fix the colour problem. I have the same one.

L3A%20True%20col

TIA
Reinhardt

Hello,

Perhaps you are not setting correctly your band combination in the QGIS style properties. You are probably inverting the bands red and blue.

Regards,
Manuel