What does it mean "NOTV" in L3B_LAI folders

Hi,
L3B tasks are running with no errors:

On the other hand the resulting tiles are only of ndvi:

I noticed that the folders have a “NOTV” sufix.
Why aren’t the tiles of LAI, fcover and fapar beeing produced?
what does it mean NOTV?
This started hapning on the change from 1.7 to 1.8.1 version.
BR
Pedro

NOTV means “not valid”, meaning that the product has failed some basic validity checks. We’ve had issues with false positives at times, usually because of low variance (e.g. almost completely black rasters).

Do you have the job output (monitoring page on the website)?

I have that page:

(Very difficult for me to get to the errors through this page)
My point is that the NDVI looks ok:

What is the reason for not having a valid LAI, considering NDVI is ok?
Pedro

I don’t know the specifics, but it looks like the processor crashed. Why do you say that it’s difficult to get to the errors? The “copy to clipboard” links should copy the messages to the clipboard. In your case, almost all of the steps seem to have failed, so it’s not surprising that some files are missing.

The job_id 1189 described in the task table show that the processes have a staus_ID 6 which I think means “Finished”:
activity%20status
About monitoing window I was just saying that I do not know what to look for. However here goes the first erro I get:
/usr/bin/rm: cannot remove ‘/mnt/archive/orchestrator_temp/l3b/1189/20418-lai-processor/LAI_mono_date_img.tif’: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/rm: cannot remove ‘/mnt/archive/orchestrator_temp/l3b/1189/20419-lai-quantify-image/LAI_mono_date_img_16.tif’: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/rm: cannot remove ‘/mnt/archive/orchestrator_temp/l3b/1189/20420-fapar-processor/FAPAR_mono_date_img.tif’: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/rm: cannot remove ‘/mnt/archive/orchestrator_temp/l3b/1189/20421-fapar-quantify-image/FAPAR_mono_date_img_16.tif’: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/rm: cannot remove ‘/mnt/archive/orchestrator_temp/l3b/1189/20422-fcover-processor/FCOVER_mono_date_img.tif’: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/rm: cannot remove ‘/mnt/archive/orchestrator_temp/l3b/1189/20423-fcover-quantify-image/FCOVER_mono_date_img_16.tif’: No such file or directory

Any sugestions on why the processor is crashing?

Hello,

It would be interesting if you could provide the log for one of the BVLaiNewProcessor steps (both command and errors logs) extracted from the monitoring window. From what I see the NDVI executes correctly but the steps producing LAI/fAPAR/fCOVER are failing.

Cosmin

Attached the Command Log and the output log. The error log was empty.BVLaiNewProcessor_command.txt (326 Bytes)
BVLaiNewProcessor_output.txt (1.5 KB)

Hello,

Please edit in the “config” table the key “processor.l3b.lai.laibandscfgfile” in order to point to the file “/usr/share/sen2agri/Lai_Bands_Cfgs_Belcam.cfg” instead of “/usr/share/sen2agri/Lai_Bands_Cfgs.cfg”. This should correct the problem.
After that, please run again the processor and let me know.

Cosmin

1 Like

It worked!
What is the cleanest and easy way to erase the unwanted L3B products (namely the NOTV)?
Erase in the “products” table the “NOTV lines” and then erase the folders in /mnt/archive/?
BR
Pedro

I think it is not important which is the order of operations if you are making them one after the other (without launching any other L3C or L3D between them).
But indeed, there is much safer to remove first from the “product” table and then remove the products from the disk.

Best regards,
Cosmin