Problems in generating L3B products

Hello everybody,
I installed the version 1.8.3 of the system and I’m doing some testing. I can successfully generate the L2A and L3A products on my test site, however It fails in generating L3B products. I have run the processor several times as custom job or from dashboard tab adding a new job. In all cases, from the monitoring tab, the status of the processing is “Finished”. However, no product is generated (or I cannot find them). Clicking on the “output” link in the monitor tab I have errors in the step named “ProductFormatter”.The exit code of the step is 1 with this message:
“ERROR: option -processor.vegetation.laimdateflgs does not exist in the application.”

Any hint how to solve the problem?
Thank you

EDIT: Checking step by step all the tasks of the processing, I found that the first problem happen in the step GenerateLaiMonoDateMaskFlags. The exit code is zero, however if I try to run the command in the terminal I have:

this is the command:
/usr/bin/otbcli GenerateLaiMonoDateMaskFlags -inxml /mnt/archive/maccs_def/sito_test3/l2a/S2A_MSIL2A_20180801T095031_N0206_R079_T33TXF_20180801T134035.SAFE/S2A_OPER_SSC_L2VALD_33TXF____20180801.HDR -out /mnt/archive/orchestrator_temp/l3b/76/1065-lai-mono-date-mask-flags/LAI_mono_date_msk_flgs_img.tif -outres 10 -outresampled /mnt/archive/orchestrator_temp/l3b/76/1065-lai-mono-date-mask-flags/LAI_mono_date_msk_flgs_img_resampled.tif

The result:
Wrinting flags /mnt/archive/orchestrator_temp/l3b/76/1065-lai-mono-date-mask-flags/LAI_mono_date_msk_flgs_img.tif: 2% [* ]ERROR 4: Attempt to create new tiff file `/mnt/archive/orchestrator_temp/l3b/76/1065-lai-mono-date-mask-flags/LAI_mono_date_msk_flgs_img.tif’
failed in XTIFFOpen().

2018 Oct 26 16:04:37 : Application.logger (FATAL) The following error occurred during application execution : /home/cudroiu/sen2agri/packaging/Sen2AgriPlatform/build/OTB-5.0/Modules/IO/IOGDAL/src/otbGDALImageIO.cxx:1569:
itk::ERROR: GDALImageIO(0x2157630): GDAL Writing failed : Impossible to create the image file name ‘/mnt/archive/orchestrator_temp/l3b/76/1065-lai-mono-date-mask-flags/LAI_mono_date_msk_flgs_img.tif’ : Attempt to create new tiff file `/mnt/archive/orchestrator_temp/l3b/76/1065-lai-mono-date-mask-flags/LAI_mono_date_msk_flgs_img.tif’
failed in XTIFFOpen().

I have the same problem when trying to run the VegetationStatusProcessor manually with the SNAP app.
It fails to produce any folder or product with the prefix “L3B”

I am having the same problem when running L3B Vegetation Status as a custom job. The monitoring tab marks the job as Finished, but the output gives an error on ProductFormatter:
“ERROR: option -processor.vegetation.laimdateflgs does not exist in the application.”
Does anyone know how to solve this?

Hello,

In the version 1.8.3 there were some evolutions for the new version of the L3B processor based on INRA algorithm that is also available in the Sen2Agri System. Due to these changes it seems that a small inconsistency was added in the original L3B implementation.
In this moment, we are preparing a patch that will be available asap on the Sen2Agri system download page (hopefully today).

Nevertheless, meanwhile you can try the new INRA version implementation that can be switched using the following SQL command:

sudo -u postgres psql sen2agri -c “update config set value = 1 where key like ‘%use_inra_version%’”;
sudo -u postgres psql sen2agri -c “update config set value = ‘/usr/share/sen2agri/Lai_Bands_Cfgs_Belcam.cfg’ where key = ‘processor.l3b.lai.laibandscfgfile’”;

NOTE: this new version requires a gdal version >= 2 that you must have installed on your system.

If the newer version of gdal is installed in another location than /usr/bin, you should run the following commands to update the paths in the Sen2Agri database for the new gdal version:

sudo -u postgres psql sen2agri -c “update config set value = ‘/usr/local/bin/gdal_translate’ where key = ‘executor.module.path.gdal_translate’”;
sudo -u postgres psql sen2agri -c “update config set value = ‘/usr/local/bin/gdalbuildvrt’ where key = ‘executor.module.path.gdalbuildvrt’”;

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Best regards,
Cosmin

1 Like

Hello.

Does anyone know if the patch for the generation of L3B has been placed on the download server?

Thank you.

I’ve been waiting for it since cudroiu’s answer, but apparently the patch hasn’t been released until now.
And I wasn’t able to implement the temporary solution. There was an error when trying to execute these commands:
sudo -u postgres psql sen2agri -c “update config set value = 1 where key like ‘%use_inra_version%’”;
sudo -u postgres psql sen2agri -c “update config set value = ‘/usr/share/sen2agri/Lai_Bands_Cfgs_Belcam.cfg’ where key = ‘processor.l3b.lai.laibandscfgfile’”;
Error:
psql: FATAL: Peer authentication failed for user “config”

1 Like

Hi guys,

I have the same problem too, and I got the same error after executing the 2 commands!!

Hello all,
I had the same problem for generating L3b products either automatically or manually (job finished with error in ProductFormatter).
I solved this problem following the Cudroiu procedure with doing the following tasks
1- modification in config table with using Pgadmin it is direct and no authentication problem
2- installing gdal 2 as follow
- downloading and uncompress
cd /usr/share/
wget http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.2.3/gdal-2.2.3.tar.gz_
tar xzf gdal-2.2.3.tar.gz
cd gdal-2.2.3**
- if you don’t have C++ compiler do
yum install gcc-c++
- INSTALL SFGGAL -devel
sudo yum install SFCGAL-devel
gdal compilation
./configure
make
make install

1 Like

Hello @cudroiu,

I followed those instructions, but still have the same errors!

your help please!

Dear all,
Please notice that my last post where I noticed that L3B generation was successful after installation gdal 3 and using INRA LAI algorithm as suggested by Mr Cudroiu is only for mono-date LAI.
I ran L3B with “Reprocessing with last N-Days” in custom Job interface and the process was finished with errors despite in monitoring windows the job still in running mode (job 83 below) with error code = 1 in Timeseriesbuilder (see below).

Could anyone to indicate what we have to do for solving this problem?

Regards

Hi all,
Is the patch for this issue released already?

Hi @SMIEJ_CRTS,

Please, could you tell me what does “1- modification in config table with using Pgadmin it is direct and no authentication problem” mean??

Because I install gdal but still have the same problem of no downloads!!??

Thank you in advance

Has the project been abandoned? The website seems dead. The promised patch update has never been released.

1 Like

Hello,
The patches are available for some time ago in the following location:
http://www.esa-sen2agri.org/operational-system/system-download/
Please notice “Patches” tab.

Best regards,
Cosmin

1 Like

Dear Cudroiu,
I downloaded and installed the patch. But I still have the same problem when I launch by custom jobs in generating L3B with “Reprocessing with last N-Days” (the process seems still running and errors indicateor in “Time series Builder”.
Is the patch correct this issue or only implementing INRA LAI algorithm for mono-date LAI generation?

Hello,
The patch is related only to the monodate LAI generation.
Are the L3B products obtained using INRA version or the original Sen2Agri L3B implementation?
Please let us know and we will try to reproduce your problem.

Best regards,
Cosmin

hi,
The L3B products are obtained by using INRA version.

Hi @cudroiu, I tried to run the patch and the message below came:

[farodrigues@sen2-agri ~]$ sudo ./ patch_sen2agri_app_1_8_3.sh
sudo: ./: command not found

what am I doing wrong? could you please guide me on it?

Thanks!