Lai_retrieve_processing.py Error

Hi,

Since I’ve the updated to Version 1.8.3 the manual execution lai_retrieve_processing.py only produces NDVI and RVI-Products but stopped working for LAI, FCOVER, FAPAR after excuting the following line:

““lai_retrieve_processing.py” --input /mnt/archive/maccs_def/at/l2a//S2B_MSIL2A_20170807T101029_N0205_R022_T33UUQ_20170807T101349.SAFE/S2B_OPER_SSC_L2VALD_33UUQ____20170807.HDR --res 10 --outdir /mnt/archive/temp/test/33UUQ/ --rsrcfg /usr/share/sen2agri/rsr_cfg.txt --laiBandsCfg /usr/share/sen2agri/Lai_Bands_Cfgs_Belcam.cfg --tileid 33UUQ --modelsfolder /mnt/archive/temp/test_lai --generatemodel YES --generatemonodate YES --genreprocessedlai NO --genfittedlai NO --useinra YES --fcover YES --fapar YES --siteid 2”

According to the attached application-log (Line 163,164) the problem is related to a missing mandatory input parameter (angles) of the Function: otbcli BVLaiNewProcessor

log.txt (9.9 KB)

Does anybody encountered the same issue or knows how to solve the problem?
Thanks

Martin

same issue here. Have you found a solution?

Yes I think you need to install gdal version >= 2 and follow up the intructions made by Cosmin here:

Martin

thanks a lot!
Will have a try and let you know!

cheers,

Francelino

Hi. Was anyone ever able to solve this issue? I tried executing it myself manually and got the same error. It looks like BVLaiNewProcessor requires it as an argument but its never specified in lai_retrieve_processing.py. My guess is OTB was upgraded to include this new parameter and the Sen4Cap installation doesn’t lock down the OTB version.

Here is the line of code its failing on:
runCmd([getScriptNameOSDepending(“otbcli”), “BVLaiNewProcessor”, appLocation,
“-xml”, xml,
“-outlai”, curOutLaiImg,
“-laicfgs”, args.laiBandsCfg])

Clearly the --angles argument is not being passed in, but I could be missing something.

Here’s the output of what lai_retrieve_processing.py is trying to do:

[centos@archive]$ otbcli BVLaiNewProcessor ‘’ -xml /data/products/L2A_PROCESSED/SENTINEL2A_20210718-190138-019_L2A_T11TLM_C_V1-0/SENTINEL2A_20210718-190138-019_L2A_T11TLM_C_V1-0_MTD_ALL.xml -outlai /data/products/SEN4CAP_L3A/test4/SENTINEL2A_20210718-190138-019_L2A_T11TLM_C_V1-0_MTD_ALL_LAI_img.tif -laicfgs /usr/share/sen2agri/Lai_Bands_Cfgs_Belcam.cf

ERROR: Missing mandatory parameter: angles 0
ERROR: Troubles loading parameter, please check your line argument…
This is the BVLaiNewProcessor application, version 5.0.0
The feature extraction step produces the NDVI and RVI for a product.

Complete documentation: http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/Applications/BVLaiNewProcessor.html

Parameters:
-progress Report progress
-xml Product Metadata XML File (mandatory)
MISSING -angles Angles raster (mandatory)
-laimodel LAI Model file (optional, off by default)
-faparmodel FAPAR Model file (optional, off by default)
-fcovermodel FCOVER Model file (optional, off by default)
-outlai The out image corresponding to the LAI mono date (optional, off by default)
-outfapar The out image corresponding to the FAPAR mono date (optional, off by default)
-outfcover The out image corresponding to the FCOVER mono date (optional, off by default)
-fts [pixel] Output features enterring in the neural filter [pixel=uint8/uint16/int16/uint32/int32/float/double] (default value is float) (optional, off by default)
-laicfgs Master file containing the LAI configuration files for each mission. (optional, off by default)
-laicfg File containing the bands indexes to be used for the LAI. (optional, off by default)
-outres Output resolution. If not specified, is the same as the input resolution. (optional, off by default)
-inxml Load otb application from xml file (optional, off by default)

Examples:
otbcli_BVLaiNewProcessor -xml data.xml -laimodel laimodel.txt